Sunday, February 10, 2013

Step Mommy In The Fast Lane

Step Mommy in the Fast Lane!

Things I like to live by: Laugh often, Love with all your heart, and be kind to others. I do my best to impart these to my 2 precious step kids. 

My husband and I have had our challenges this year with the ex, and keeping the kids safe. Whew... this has been a full time job all in itself. I never really understood how much time, effort, and emotional trauma goes into dealing with "Baggage ..ie. the ex"... and trust me... I have, like everyone else... "Baggage" of my own too.  

I do my best to compartmentalize all of my "Baggage", and this allows me to live my daily life and enjoy the amazing experiences that I have everyday with my husband and step kids.  As things arise I deal with them and put them back in their boxes. It's the only way I keep my sanity intact.

I work from home, so when my husband and I were married, I became a full time mom"Step-mom". This has been a blessing and also a very difficult transition trying to make all the time I have, count. Whether it's working on business projects, meetings, or managing two young kids that need lots of attention and love. Oh... not to mention keeping up the house, laundry, and cooking. I have to say... I have a WHOLE new respect for stay-at-home mothers!! My full time job was WAY easier!!! 

I've consulted for years, teaching doctors how to run their businesses; HR, communications, software configuration, implementing systems, marketing, how to read a P & L, and a multitude of other things to help them grow their businesses. I also invented an Oral Surgery instrument that will help a lot of doctors and people. 

That being said I have taught lots of skills to lots of people, and been very successful. Now.. teaching a child can't be that hard... HA! I used to give people information that they would respectfully take and implement. With kids they are constantly challenging you in every way possible... in your face... all day long. Some of this I find quite amusing, and some of it can begin to wear on you day in and day out. I have managed to keep my good humor and laugh about most things, and remember what a terror I was as a child. My mother was a SAINT! 

Professionally, have to apologize to all of the mother's, and step-mothers out there because until you have kids, you do not fully understand the inconveniences they deal with that are NOT their fault as a working parent. I have much more sympathy, and admiration for working parents then I ever did before. 

Ok, off my soap box now. More to come later...










No comments:

Post a Comment